Happy December! I could not be more excited for the holidays and for the end of this insane year. This week I am sharing a couple winter cocktails that are keeping me warm (and sane) during these last few weeks of 2020. Hope you enjoy and please drink responsibly.
Classic Hot Toddy Recipe:
- Boiling water, as needed
- 1 ½ ounces whiskey
- 2 teaspoons light honey, such as acacia, or maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, to taste
- 1 (3-inch) lemon peel
- Cinnamon stick and whole star anise, to garnish (optional)
- In a teapot or saucepan, bring the water to a simmer. Pour about 1 cup of hot water into cup
- Add the whiskey, 2 teaspoons honey and 2 teaspoons lemon juice. Stir until the honey has disappeared into the hot water.
- Garnish with lemon round and cinnamon stick (if using) and Enjoy!
And my other favorite....
- Coffee liqueur (recommended: Kahlua)
- Milk and sugar to preference
- Add one part Kahlua and fill up with freshly brewed hot coffee
- Serve in a coffee cup, add milk and sugar to your preference.
Of course, you’ll need to get that perfect insta shot of you holding your holiday drink in front of a fire or tree, rings glistening on your hand. Check out some of my favorite ACJ rings that are currently 25% off.